Browse » Home
Friday, August 16, 2013
How to Use Autofit in Excel
Autofit a Single Column in Excel
1. Start Microsoft Excel and open up an existing spreadsheet that contains one column that you would like to apply autofit to. You can also start a new spreadsheet so you can practice using Excel's autofit.
2. Position your mouse over the right border of the column that you would like to autofit the contents. Your mouse pointer will change into a double-headed arrow when you are directly over the border.
3. Double-click with your mouse on top of the border, only when you see the double-headed arrow.
4. Notice that your longest entry will now fit within the column in which you have applied the autofit setting.
Autofit Multiple Columns in Excel
5. Open Microsoft Excel. Start a new spreadsheet or open an existing one that contains multiple columns that you would like to apply autofit to so the contents will fit inside of the columns without being cut off.
6. Press the CTRL key down on your keyboard. Hold it down.
7. Click on the columns which you want to apply autofit.
8. Release the CTRL button. The columns that you selected will now be highlighted.
9. Hover your mouse over the right border of the first column you have selected until you see a double-headed arrow.
10. Double-click with your mouse on top of the border. Once you do this, all of the columns you have selected will now apply autofit to their contents.