Browse » Home
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
How to Use Freeze Frames in Excel
1. Open an Excel spreadsheet with some data.
2. Choose which rows and/or columns to freeze. To freeze rows only, select the row immediately beneath the row or rows you want to remain visible. To freeze columns only, select the column immediately to the right of the column or columns you want to remain visible. To select both rows and columns, select the cell immediately below and to the right of the row and column you want to remain visible.
3. Click the 'Window' menu in Excel 2003. Click the 'View' tab in Excel 2007/2010.
4. Click 'Freeze Panes' in Excel 2003 to complete the process. Click the 'Freeze Panes' option with the down arrow and continue to the next step in Excel 2007/2010.
5. Select 'Freeze Panes' from the drop-down menu in Excel 2007/2010 to complete the process.