Browse » Home
Monday, July 16, 2012
How to Insert a Dynamic Date in Excel
1. Start Microsoft Excel 2007, and open a spreadsheet from your files into which you want to insert a dynamic date. Or, you can start a new, blank spreadsheet.
2. Select the cell you want to insert the dynamic date into by clicking on it. The cell will be surrounded by a thick, black outline once it is selected.
3. Type the formula '=today()' (without the quotation marks) into the selected cell. This formula will instruct Excel to insert the current date into the cell where the formula is entered.
4. Press the 'Enter' key on your keyboard or the green check mark on the formula bar to input the formula into Excel. Excel will then accept the formula and display the current date into the cell where you typed the formula. The date will be updated every time the 'Enter' key is pressed when you are working in the workbook where the formula has been inserted.
5. Use the procedure above to insert the dynamic date into any other cells in the open spreadsheet that you would like to display the current date.