Browse » Home
Sunday, April 14, 2013
How to Merge Data From Two Spreadsheets
1. Open Excel 2010 and locate the workbook containing the worksheets that will be merged. Click the 'File' tab and select the 'Open' icon. Find the workbook and double-click it.
2. Click in the next blank worksheet in the workbook. Select the 'Data' tab. Click 'Consolidate.' The Consolidate dialog box opens.
3. Select the function you will use to merge the data. If you are adding the merged values, select 'Sum.' Click the red box in the reference section.
4. Click the worksheet that contains the first set of data that will be merged. Highlight the range and click the 'Add' button. Select the worksheet containing the second set of data that will be merged. Highlight the range and click the 'Add' button.
5. Select the option that displays the location of the row or column headers in this merged data. Select either 'Top Row,' 'Left Column' or both. Click 'OK.' The data is merged in the new worksheet.